Australia Awards Scholarships offers support to students who are ready to study and research opportunities provided by Australia Awards Scholarships to develop the skills and knowledge of people to drive change and contribute to development in their own countries.
Provide opportunities for people from developing countries, particularly those countries located in the Indo-Pacific region, to pursue full-time undergraduate or postgraduate study at participating Australian universities and institutions of technical and further education (TAFE).
Australia Award Scholarships are offered for the minimum period necessary for the individual to complete the academic program specified by the Australian higher education institution, including any preparatory training.
WORTH OF SCHOLARSHIP
- Full registration
- Round-trip air travel: payment for a single round-trip economy air ticket to and from Australia, via the most direct route
establishment allowance: a one-time payment as a contribution to the cost of accommodation, textbooks, study materials
- Contribution to living expenses (CLE): a biweekly contribution to basic living expenses paid at a rate determined by the department.
- Introductory Academic Program (IAP): a compulsory program before the start of formal academic studies that covers information on living and studying in Australia
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the duration of the scholarship (for the scholarship holder only): Provided to cover the basic medical costs of the scholarship recipient (except pre-existing conditions)
- Pre-Course English (PCE) Fees – If deemed necessary, PCE may be available to students for in-country and/or Australian training
Supplemental academic support may be available to ensure a student’s academic success or enhance a student’s academic experience.
- Fieldwork (for research and MSc awards for coursework that has a research component where fieldwork is mandatory) may be available to research students eligible for round-trip economy class airfare through the most direct route to your country of citizenship or within Australia.
HOW TO APPLY
PLEASE NOTE: This can be done via email or directly online.
- Online application
Go to the Online Australia Scholarship Information System (OASIS). When you register online, you will be asked to answer a few questions to establish your eligibility. You will then be provided with a unique registration number, username, and password.
- Applying by Mail-If you are unable to submit your application online, you may apply by mail. Please refer to your participating country profile for contact details for a paper application form and any other templates such as referee reports (if applicable).
SUPPORTING INFORMATION ON HOW TO APPLY
- Please refer to your participating country profile to see if your country requires additional supporting documents.
- Check the opening and closing dates of each country, to know the deadline specified by your country.
- If you intend to apply, you should read the Australia Awards Scholarship Policy Manual.
The handbook provides information including general eligibility requirements, selection processes, rights, and responsibilities. Please note that the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade may revise and update the manual at any time without notice.