The Government of Ireland Graduate Scholarship Program is an established national initiative, funded by the Department of Continuing and Higher Education, Research, Innovation, and Science, and administered by the Council.
Pioneering proposals that address new and emerging research fields or introduce creative and innovative approaches are welcomed. Proposals of an interdisciplinary nature are also encouraged since it is recognized that the advancement of fundamental understanding is achieved through the integration of information, techniques, tools, and perspectives from two or more disciplines. Its features include:
- Individual and prestigious awards for excellent research on behalf of the applicant;
- An objective selection process through peer review by international and independent experts;
funding in all disciplines, from archeology to zoology; and
- Awards for research not directed from the bottom up, with the exception of those funded by our strategic funding partners.
WORTH OF SCHOLARSHIP
- A stipend of 18,500 euros per year;
- A contribution to fees, including fees from outside the EU, up to a maximum of € 5,750 per year; and
- Direct eligible research costs of € 3,250 per year.
How to Apply
- Prospective applicants should read the call documentation carefully to determine whether or not they are eligible to apply.
- The indicative versions of the applicant, supervisor, and referee forms are provided for informational purposes only.
- All participants must create and submit their forms through the online system.
- Open call: 4:00 p.m. (Irish time) September 2, 2021
- FAQ Deadline: 4:00 PM (Irish Time) October 14, 2021
- Deadline for applicants: 4:00 p.m. (Irish time) October 21, 2021
- Deadline for supervisor and referee: 4:00 PM (Irish time) 4 November 2021
- Research office approval deadline: 4:00 PM (Irish time) 18 November 2021
- Result of the call: end of March 2022
- Award start date: September 1, 2022
Please note that the times provided here are indicative and may be subject to change.
You can check the official scholarship site for more information.