The Rowan Williams Scholarship is a program established by the Cambridge Trust to assist students facing severe barriers to coming to study at Cambridge. Our international students contribute to making Cambridge a vibrant and diverse place to study and we continue to welcome those students.
Worth of Scholarship:
The Rowan Williams Cambridge Scholarship is a full-cost award available to undergraduate and graduate students, which covers tuition fees and maintenance, which in some cases will also help with students’ start-up expenses such as travel, costs visa, and immigration health surcharge.
- Have a conditional offer of admission to the University of Cambridge for any degree;
- Be from an area of instability or conflict zone;
- Be or have been at risk of discrimination, persecution, suffering, violence, or other abuse of their human rights.
How to apply: Applicants do not need to have refugee status.
Graduate applicants must
- Apply before the funding deadline for your chosen course of study and receive conditional admission to the University of Cambridge;
- Please check the box to apply for funding and complete the Cambridge Trust section of the online form indicating how you meet the eligibility criteria, as part of your application for admission through the University Applicant Portal.
- Undergraduate applicants must
- Apply for admission to the University of Cambridge in the usual way through a UCAS application and before the published deadline;
- If you are offered conditional admission by a Cambridge College, please complete a Cambridge Trust Undergraduate Scholarship Application (submitted by the College at the time of the conditional offer), including a Personal Statement of how you meet the eligibility criteria.
Undergraduate Study: UCAS application deadline for 2021 entry is October 15, 2021, at 6:00 PM (UK time)
Postgraduate Studies: There are two general course funding deadlines: December 2, 2021, and January 6, 2022. These deadlines apply to both UK and overseas applicants.
Visit the official site of the University for more information.